Sunday 6 September 2009

Blooming Good Gardens at the Local Fete


Great fun yesterday, when the village held its very first fete in the park at the end of our road. I had a stall there, offering free garden design advice, and the whole day was really enjoyable. We were in the park by 8 am, organising the stall, and there was a real neighbourly buzz as everyone mucked in together to get things ready. I'd just struggled for nearly an hour to put up the gazebo, when I was told that someone hadn't turned up, and I could move to a better pitch, so three other guys helped me "walk" the whole structure to the other end of the ground. I think it was a worthwhile day, business-wise, mainly through the local contacts I made, but it was also worth the charitable donation required for having the stall, because it was just plain nice to see the neighbourhood enjoying having fun together, for such a good cause. There was a good crowd, right from the start, and we had a lot of people being complimentary about our new front garden. A bonus was that the weather was pretty good, too. Let's hope it becomes a regular occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment